Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Guitar World

Sometime when I saw some fren of mine holding a guitar, putting the picture at YM, it takes me back to the moment when I was a student. I was addicted to guitar at that time. I did the same thing, put my potrait with guitar, put it at my display image, and proud of it.
Now, actually I still like playing it, but the mood and feel are different. My commitment also reduce. I used to play for as long as 5 ~ 6 hours sometime, especially when I learn on new stuff. It is a relief when I can hear myself soloing with a speed type of solo, and it works especially to release some tense during exam as well as boring time. By this tool also, I made alot of friends among all the musicians. It was a great experience.
As time passed by, I am no longer a good guitar player. I play once a week or maybe a month. I still jamming with some fellow friends. We jammed some old stuffs with my factory-mate. We played Deep Purple, Metallica, Lefthanded, Sweet Charity so on and so on. I did not play many malay songs, so I have to study. The problem is I don't have time to study new songs, and if I did have, I might not have the mood to play. I only practice a day before or a few hours before each jamm session.
Other than my kilang-mate, I did play for a band which is local Muarean band. We play for some functions which is most of the time focused on 'Orang Kahwin' events. I did played for few functions and I did enjoy it. We play old malay songs, "60-an", joget, dangdut, old school rocks and some radio friendly malay songs. Imagine I have to play 40 songs in a function and the first time it was 3 days notice before. And the best thing was, most of the songs I did not know and many of them I never heard of it. Well, sessah jek la... I did play well event though got fucked-up at many points especially riff and solo part. It was a great experience. Imagine, a situation when you are playing "60-an" and suddenly one old man requested for a song "Seruling Anak Gembala". Then my face turn blue but I keep on playing and the song was success (and the riff was totally out). Maybe last time I played most of orang putih songs and never concentrate on this malay songs. I must now start to learn these songs.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...