Sunday, May 03, 2009

Putrajaya Mosque (Happy Labour Day)

First of all Happy Labour Day to all workers around the world (even though you are not really a labour). You all have made a huge contribution on transforming the world.
1st May was a public holiday all over the county. So, I took this opportunity to perform the Friday prayer at Putrajaya Mosque. It was my second time performing my friday prayer inside the mosque, but this time together with my father-in-law and my brother-in-law. Walking about 5 minutes from the parking with an extremely hot weather and entering the mosque with an air-conditioning.

Finish the prayer, there's a bunch of people were crowding in one side of the exit. It was the former prime minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad. I have a few times met him, especially in MMU, when he pays a visit after his retirement, during my convocation and some functions. I was grateful to shake his hand at that moment. He was a strong leader who worked very hard to transform the country, and even the Putrajaya City is also one of his plan during his time as a prime minister.

A few moment before leaving the building, suddenly a guy come and whisper at me, saying.. "Laaa... ingatkan imam besar mana, imam besar hadhari rupanya..".
In my mind, there are two things.
1. Tun never proposed the idea of Islam Hadhari.
2. As I said earlier, he is the one who work on the Putrajaya City, and even the Putrajaya Mosque was also under his project.
Why do these kind of people never thankful or appreciate the person who actually create the idea of the place?
Or if he don't like the idea of Putrajaya, why the hell he was there in the first place?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...