Monday, August 03, 2009

FIM 2009 : Franchise


What do you do on last week end?

Me? Owh.. I went to Franchise International Malaysia 2009 (FIM 2009) at PWTC, an exhibition organized by MFA to encourage people to open a franchise business. More details : http://www.mfa.org.my/fim2009/

Why franchise?
1. The brand - brand is established. When the brand name is strong enough, they will do the talking and we don't have to spend so much on promotion and advertising.
2. Proven System - While most of small business fails because of the system is not established. Franchisor have solve most of the problems when they began their business. We just need to follow step-by-step according to the guidelines or SOP.
3. Everything is ready - If you were to open a business from a scratch, you need to think of everything. The product, the man power allocation, the supplier, recipe (if your franchise is FnB). etc etc.
4. Network and support - Once there is any problem or difficulties, you just need to inform the franchisor and they will give their hand for support. Because you are representing their brand and your success is their success as well.
5. Financial support from the government - Franchisor will often have their projection or estimation of sales and profit. If you are preparing your working paper, all the figures is well estimated. Not simply put a number. So, financial bodies and government agencies will be more confident with all the figures that you put in.

That is some of advantages. But what I want to share with you today is, I met one young millionaire from Indonesia who working with his kebab franchise.

A few years ago, I went to Japan on some business trip. Inside the MAS airplane, I did not watch the movies, instead I watch documentary and some business related show. One of them is 'the million maker' and on this series, they are showing a millionaire from Surabaya, Indonesia who made is fortune at the age as young as 23 (millionaire as in USD, not rupiah btw). I watch the show twice, on my way to Japan and on my way return back to Malaysia.

So, I was surprise I had a chance to met him last week end. I sit around and get some info from him as well as exchanging some ideas. He is very nice guy and he is the man with a different level of thinking. What surprise me was, he is at my age now and our date of birth is very near. I am only older 4 days than him. With same zodiak, he is far away more successful than me. (But I will catch up very soon!)


He own his chain of franchise with the FnB industries - Kebab Turki Baba Rafi. The cost of opening his franchise is relatively low (around RM30k to RM40K). It is a great way to start a business. Anybody who are interested, please inform me as I am seeking for a business partner. :)

Have more info on his franchise at : http://www.babarafi.com/


Other franchise that interest me is the Mawar tuition center.
I met them as well at the mid-valley exhibition. The cost of opening this franchise is RM83K and profit per month will be around RM10K to RM35K.

Have more info on his franchise at : http://www.mawar.edu.my/

I am deeply considering this both 2 of the franchises. Still under my consideration and will do some servay and market analysis on both of them. As I am trying to move to the right side of the Kiyosaki's quadrant, I am inviting anyone of you who are interested to become my partner. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...