Monday, October 18, 2010

If you think there is a way, you'll find the way

I would like to share some of my experience about a week ago. My dad asked me to open up a HSBC savings account for some reason. As the nearest branch is at Puchong.Since the urgency to open the account is there, I skipped my lunch to open the account. Being wiser I made a phone call to HSBC to minimize all the potential problems. When I asked what do I need to bring along? she list down only 3 things:

   1. Identity Card (IC)
   2. RM20
   3. My signature (I need to bring my signature???)

On my way to Puchong, I did what I normally do, asking for the most strategic parking lot. After making 1 round of seeking for parking, I got a spot just a few steps from the main entrance of the bank (trust me, the law always worked for me to find parking, so you should do the same thing!)

The interesting story begins when I showed up my IC.
"Eh encik, alamat ni dekat Muar. Kita tak boleh proses ni. Nak kena ada utility bills untuk supporting document."
"Saya dah call center tadi, dia mintak IC dgn RM20 jek"
"Dorang kat call center tak tau.... Kena ada kalau tak saya tak boleh proceed."
As I remembered there is a takaful policy inside my car, "kalau saya bawak policy Takaful boleh."
"Aaaa... boleh..."

As I ran the fastest towards my car and showed the policy to the officer, "Alamak encik, ni dah outdated la. Kita pernah ada kes 2 bulan lepas punya utility bills pun central reject. Nak kena pakai yang latest."
"Takkan saya nak balik rumah. Rumah saya jauh. Dah la saya nak keluar dari ofis ni susah, nak kena mintak approval management untuk time-off! Can I see your manager?"

Sembang with the manager, end up the same thing. Even the branch manager could not help me on this. As I really want it soo very badly, my mind keep on searching everything around. Oh ya, I saw TM point at the other block just now. I paid my bills, asked them to print out my statement and company stamp etc. Finally, I managed to get the account open.

Upon receiving my card, when I tried to deposit my money at the machines. Luckily I remembered she never gave me my account number. How the hell am I going to asked people to bank-in money to this account if I don't know my account number. Luckily I got some vision on what will happened in the future, or else I need to make another trip to the branch just to ask for my account number.

Overall summary, I learn something today: If you think there is a way, you'll find the way!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...