Saturday, October 02, 2010

MMU Cnergy Open House and Toastmasters Meeting

It is still in Syawal. Yes, even thought Eid al-fitr was awarded on the 1st day of Syawal, been in Malaysia, we have extended the celebration from 1 day to 1 month. Lately, the open house has became one of our culture and it is organized everywhere in the country. MMU Cnergy also took the opportunity of the final week of Syawal to organize the Open House.

The goal of organizing such event, besides filling our half-empty stomach, is to appreciate those who work with us and to strengthen silaturrahim among us. Besides, this is a very good opportunity for networking purpose. Ketupat, lemang rendang and satay was served on that day. Ketupat and rendang naturally you can only find during Raya season, but nowadays you can find at some stall in Jusco or some selected shopping mall. If you we're there during makan-makan, feel free to drop some comment below on the food. :)

Just a coincidence, the three of us is wearing the same colour theme of the day. Blue is my favourite, and this year complete with the yellowish-blue songket makes the dress looks more awesome. Azlysham and Sherliza  were also wearing the same colour. This picture was one of the greatest picture taken during that day. Besides the colour of the costume and our good looking faces, the height also growing diagonally. (Perhaps nobody notice I'm wearing my songkok senget). :)



The picture of myself with my boss, Mr. Shamsul with the background of MMU Cnergy and the CEO's office. Yes, we are all patrioffice (patriotic to the office) After 5 months working in MMU Cnergy, so many changes happens, including line of reporting. :) Hopefully it is still not late to congratulate him for the promotion.  You can see a cheerful face of Shamsul, but nobody notice how the things inside his mind on the job load and things need to settle. Even before the Open House, he stills in a discussion to settle down a few things.


Thanks to all the committee who makes things happened. I was glad to come and eat and laugh and make some fun. Being a Malaysian, we have abundance of food to eat and variety of choices. 

Toastmasters Meeting


Complete the Open House, my activity continues with the Toastmasters meeting. I have joined the meeting a few times, but only this time I have made to for my very first maiden speech. I am very lucky that the theme of the day is to put on the "Baju Melayu". Or else I will be the only person who's putting on Baju Melayu. The Ice Breaking speech requires me to talk about myself. So, I have drafted some points and talk about my interest. I have a very unique interest (I believe eveybody does) and I believe this is the best topic to talk about myself. The first experience of talking as a Toastmasters was a very pleasant. I have used to talk to infront of people but still a lot need to be improved. My greatest weakness I noticed since I was in secondary school was to say "aaaa..." "errmmm..." and so on and so forth. With the Toastmasters system, I wish I could at least reduce if not totally eliminate those kind of words. As the picture beside, I really feels that I look like a politician giving a speech on some political campaign. Do I?

The good thing about Toastmasters is I am surrounding with the very like minded people. As the organization is a non-profit, only those who volunteer will join the club and attend the meeting. In other words, only those who really feels that they need to improve on their self will attend such kind of meeting. This makes the environment very positive. Advantage of being a club at MMU, there are some international students joining the club. The good thing is, we get to share different essence of English pronounciation and different culture sharing. The picture speaks for itself, the costume in the middle is from Nigeria.

The best part of the meeting was, I was awarded as the Best Speaker. We have 3 awards on that day including Best Evaluator - won by Arif and Best Table Topic Speaker - won by a guess from Saudi, Abdul Moeen. Since this is my first time giving the speech, I receive another ribbon for the first speech. With all that recognition, it concludes the day as one of my best day of the year! If you wish to come over as a guest, feel free to contact me or visit http://mmutmc.blogspot.com/ for more info. (Log on and see more picture of me inside). :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...