Sunday, May 15, 2011

Alya@Columbia Asia

Alya Mysara, my second daughter was admitted to HTAN - Hospital Tuanku Ampuan Najihah, Kuala Pilah. The symptom was the stomach is abnormally bigger. She was admitted on Thursday to the ICU for babies. After the next day, most of the lab test was found normal. However, the root cause still unknown. They took some sample of the feces and the sample can only be sent to Seremban Hospital and HKL on Monday. The result probably on Tuesday.

Because of the frustration of waiting and slowness of the diagnostic process, I have decided to transfer the baby to Columbia Asia Hospital. After all, the hospital is the panel for my company and the insurance will take care of the bills.

Been admitted to Columbia, the process was so much faster and action taken also firm. Even on Saturday, the doctor at least provide us with some reasonable progress and results of all the test. The visiting hours also more flexible and the location also very convenient for all close relatives to visit the mother and the baby.

As this is the 3rd time my wife stayed at this hospital, the environment is very familiar for me. And for the past 2 times, I've been accompanying my wife and shared the bed at night. But for this time, the nurse didn't allow me to stay overnight. She asked me to go back home or sleep outside. From the words she used, it is clear that the lady stayed at next bed wasn't feel comfortable with my existance. As a tolerate person, I pack my things up and straight away travel back home at 11.30pm. I don't blame the hospital nor the lady because by being in their situation, they have their right in asking so.

Today, as the measure taken yesterday to stop breastfeeding to the baby, the results show some positive feedback. The stomach slowly getting smaller. The doctor asked my daughter to stay for 3 days for observation, hopefully after the 3 days she is back normal and we all can be back home.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...