Monday, May 30, 2011

National Achievers Congress 2011

I just came back from the NAC2011 at Sunway Convention Center. The seminar is featuring the Incredible Hulk - Lou Ferrigno as the highlight of this year event. Other speaker such as Ron Kaufman is part of the most well-known in personal development industry and author of many books in the customer service field.

There are several interesting speakers to name, but the one among all that I don't know prior joining the event which I felt a very good impact is Andy Harrington. He's way of delivering his talk is similar to Tony Robbins, and he did shared with us that he's attended Tony Robbins' "Unleash the Power Within" and "Date With Destiny" Programme And he did share some of his story during that events. No wonder he's method is similar to Tony Robbins - and he also mentioned during his 2nd session that "I'm going to be your Anthony Robbins".

Of course as per every year of the congress, many of the featured speaker will give some information or teach few basic techniques and principles before they sell their so-called 'advanced' 2 or 3 days seminars. And I find out that the way Andy Harrington sells his seminar was quite unique and something that I can learn. And his offering one of the most cheapest seminar which is RM2997.

What so special about him is he really can connect with people during his speech. He did shares some of his techniques such as you need to talk to individual for about 5-7 sec before you scan to other places. I have never tried this before but maybe... I said maybe because it could only my theory... maybe by looking at that specific person, you are talking to an individual rather than talk to many, in terms of your presentation. But then you random to another person for 7 sec. The message will sounds like personal, but it is being delivered to the mass.

Other that that, Kevin Rae also telling something about Joint Venture - the most effective (and probably cost-effective) technique to grow your business. For example, Disney partnering with McDonalds and it really create a synergy between the two. Kids will like the toy as-well-as the food when they gone to McD and the toy will indirectly influence the kids to asked their parents to watch the movie. Brilliant! But there are several steps to create an effective JV. I can't explain it here because I don't have the notes with me. It's in my bag and I am very lazy to open my bag which is 2-feet away from me.

Ron White, the #1 Memory Expert (you can google or youtube the name if you don't believe me!) also shared his technique (which I find quite difficult to follow) on memorizing effectively. According to him, it is nothing wrong with brain. But the reason why people can't memorize is because their brain is not been trained. He taught us one technique of memorizing and the rest of the technique is paid for RM5000++ (seriously I can't remember the price and I actually need to attend his course). To make sure that he is really good, he start his session by recalling more than 40 peoples name and it came to surprise that he can recall each and every one correctly. And to make things more interesting, he call out 25 participants and each give a pair of random number. He can recall all the 50 numbers and not just that, he can say it backwardly.

Before I attend that seminar, I was wondering, why they called up Lou Ferrigno to become their main highlight. Because he is incredible hulk? Or because he won the Mr. Universe twice? Until the last session I can't figure out why is it the 'incredible hulk' is their main speaker. Why not Ron Kaufman who wrote so many books and featured in some megazine - including Malaysian SME as a columnist. Beside he's session was so very much interesting.

The CEO Richard Tan is asking Richard Branson to come for the next year session and if this really happens, the next year NAC would be something that everybody needs to look forward. But if he rejected, hopefully they don't invite George W. Bush as their main speaker.

All-and-all, congratulations to Success Resources for an awesome event!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...