Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year 2008

So this is my first date... sorry, my first update ever since I'm back from Japan. It's good to be back here in Malaysia. As the old folk said,

Hujan Emas di Negeri Orang, Hujan Batu di Negeri Sendiri

Even hujan batu di negeri sendiri, negeri sendiri will always be better than any other place.

I'm taking this opportunity to wish all of you who dropped by my page for a Happy New Year 2008. Time just won't stop ticking and I am getting older day by day. This may means I am more matured than last year, this also means the death is getting nearer...

Yesterday I just registered a Celcom 3G broadband and FYI I am posting this blog using this 3G connection. So, why the hell did I choose this Celcom 3G? Why not Maxis 3G? (For those who didn't know, I'm using Maxis for my handphone line.) and why not TMNet Streamyx??? Ok, I got a few reasons here:

1. Reasonable price - RM68 per month for 3G connection. I didn't register for 3Gx (or 3.5G) which is offered at RM98 per month because there is no coverage in Muar. If I'm staying in Melaka or KL, then I might consider.
2. No contract period - I can terminate whenever I like. Unlike other providers, for example Streamyx. Even they have the promotion of RM77 for 1GB connection, I have to stick with the contract of 2 years. If I were having a baby, I bet he/she might know how to walk at that period of time.
3. Muar is in coverage - When Maxis put their effort for a better services, they forgot to consider the coverage. Muar only have Edge connectivity for Maxis.
4. Mobility - I can online anywhere, as long as there is a network coverage for Celcom. Unlike Streamyx. I have to stick my butt in my room if I wish to online.

I see first the performance of this connection. So far, it was OK. Not very impressive but at least I can online and download at home. No need to go to CC to update some files inside my laptop. Thanks to the technology. Technology indeed makes our life easier!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...