Sunday, January 06, 2008

Function

As some of you might know (and most of you might not know), I played for a band mainly for function like weddings. And this is my extra-curricular activities which then will be written in my real life report card.

It was a bit of wrong timing to be in Japan in school holidays last time. We missed out 4 offers for wedding ceremony. So, as now I am back, we got another offer. But this time not a wedding ceremony. I was not clear what event it will be, but as inform, as usual, they need songs that they can dance with. So, this is what I call "Lagu Carik Makan!".

2 month in Japan makes me loose some of my skills as a guitarist. I can't play as good as I was last time. Especially when it comes to songs like 60's, joget, dangdut and old malay rock. My taste on music; i.e. the music I listen to everyday is totally opposite with the songs I had to play, and it makes things worst where I could not recall some of the arrangement of the songs. But all this songs aren't bad at all. I did enjoy playing some of the songs.

The next function will be on 20th January, and I have to prepare to play some dangdut and joget songs. To get my feet back into this scene, I need to listen back to most of the songs and practice. The problem is, I can hardly find some of the song as they are very rare and nobody convert the materials to digital form. Of course they provide me with cassette, but it is very difficult with my situation. All my cassette player, including walkman and recorder already broken. With this modern technology of digital music, who need the cassette player? I used to think so, and now I am totally wrong on that thought. But I wont waste my money to buy a cassette player just to listen to some of the cassette they provide me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...