Friday, August 29, 2008

Inflation

Ever since the hike in petrol price somewhere around June, everybody is talking about inflation rate and how they should change their life style. All prices are going up including prices of food, services, transportation etc etc.

Nowadays, I noticed some public toilet are charging 30c each transaction to the world most important bank. It was 20c a few years before. Maybe some might said, "ala... 10c jek pun..". But, mathematically speaking, it was 50% increase in price. And worst if you have to pay the 30c and they have never maintain the cleanliness level (take Ampang Superbowl at Mahkota Parade for example). It's a shame of them.

But one thing for sure never raise up is the one and only - my salary. I swear to god, ever since the price went up, I am facing difficulties in managing my income. My salary is just enough for me to survive from paycheck to paycheck. Nothing more for me to keep aside. 

In this case, I need to make a move in order for me to survive. As I Jack Canfield mentioned in on of his book :
(E + R = O)
Event + response = Outcome

I definitely cannot change the event (which in this case is the inflation rate and hike in prices) but I definitely can change my response to it. So, if I decided for a desirable 'outcome', using simple math equation, I just need to define my response to it. It sound simple, isn't it? So let us give it a try. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...