Sunday, June 06, 2010

Masters

After realizing I'm switching from engineering works to marketing related stuff, I notice that I have lack of basic on marketing, especially theoretical terms and stuff. Therefore, I am thinking to pursue my Masters Degree in MBA. EPF would really help in assisting to fund for the tuition fees, however, the same account 2 I am planning to use it to buy house.

I have consult with one of my friend who owns 2 school (pre-school to be precise); in Subang Jaya and Damansara Utama, on the needs to having masters degree. He mentioned that if I were spending some 5 figure of money just to have the degree, compare to the increment on the salary, say RM200 per month increase, how long will it take to give the ROI? Business point of view, that's the best point that I need to consider. Anyway, looking at the other angle, my objective is not to gain salary increment. But to grow and have a different set of mindset.

Anyhow, that friend of mine instead suggest me to go on Toastmasters. It might help on building personalities. I did the research year ago and did agree on his suggestion. Furthermore, while reading 'The Magic of Thinking Big', the author did recommend Toastmasters in a part of a chapter.

Yup, I am joining for the Toastmasters club very soon. Hopefully, there will be some fruitful result by joining the activities conducted by Toastmasters Club.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...