Monday, October 22, 2007

AKIHABARA Electric Town

Last Sunday I went to Akihabara. As suggested by Kak Liza of MPT Human resource exec, training and Japanese affair section (Kak Liza did thought me some basic Japanese language before a few days before I went here), also recommended by Abe-san, I made some effort to go to Akihabara alone. Without any experience on how to buy a ticket and with a very little Japanese language speaking ability, I just made it to Akihabara. I just can't believe myself.


Akihabara is the famous place as Electric town. It was just like Low Yat Plaza, but the difference is it was a city, not a plaza. When I first step my foot there, I saw many people dressing with all the anime suit, just like in MMU when they have some event on Anime organized by Emina Society.

I went to some shop to survey the products and the prices. I came and look at the new Sony DSC-T200 and DSC-T70. It was an upgrade version of T100 and T20. The obvious new features was the touch screen panel and the bigger size of LCD screen; 3.5". Price? Around Y52,000 and it was negotiable. It's around RM1,500. Not a bad deal... In Malaysia, DSC-T100 was about RM1699. I was attracted on Sony Digital Handycam with Hard-disk Drive. I don't memorized the model but it sure make my heart melt. It was on my 'To-Buy-List' but I don't think it was time to buy. Price is around Y100,000+.



The next part of the story was the most interesting to me. I went to a MUSIC VOX, a heaven for musical instruments. 6 floors full of music stuffs and 2 floor of studios. I found some rare stuff like Instructional DVD for guitar by some world talented guitarist. After looking around for a while, I finally found my dream guitar ~Steve Vai signature series : Ibanez JEM model. I looks exactly like Steve's guitar with DiMarzio Evolution pick up. They even played the Steve Vai G3 Concert: Live in Tokyo at their display TV.


Can someone please lend me about Y220,000 to buy this guitar pleasee....



Next stop was the Shosen Book Tower. I seriously don't know how many floor it is but I keep on going up to the top level possible. From this whole tower, I failed to find an English book, except for the learning purpose e.g. 'English For Business' and 'English for Communication'.

I had a lunch at McDonalds. I took a french Fries and McFlurry which I was really confident on both products. (Others such as McPork... sounds... yikeee... )It cost me about Y540 = RM16.20. (I can get 2 value meal in Malaysia with the same amount that I paid). I noticed here they don't use the 99c on their price. All are even numbers.



I continue my journey to Ueno. Kak Liza said Ueno is one of the best place for shopping. There is a bunch of shops but to be honest, I am not in my shopping mood. I just look around comparing the prices and enjoy the trip. At one place, I notice there's somekind of monument on top of the hill. I straightly went there and found it was like a garden and so many nice things around there. It was like Taman Tasik Perdana or something like that. I took alot of pictures around here.



While Sony Playstation 3 and Nintendo Wii was selling all around, I noticed a shop displaying some 'micro-genius' type of game with a Super Mario Bros on it. And some people are actually testing on the game. I just don't understand. I did know something about 'Hentai' stuff during my study period in MMU, and suprisingly, here hentai are sold everywhere. Alot of comics and DVDs shops did sell this 'Hentai' stuff and of course for 18+ only.



I walk back to Akihabara on a different path with a different view. I saw a Crepe Deli, I don't even know what is a Crepe actually, but as suggested by Kak Liza, I just bought 1 of it. Nice taste but alot of creme make me feel 'muak'. However I manage to finish it after I took out some of the cream.

It's time to go back. I had been 'pau'ed by a stranger at the JR Line train station! I was at the ticket machine with full of confidence before a man who suddenly come to me and said "Hey.. Do you speak english..." I said "yea..", He tried to assist me on buying ticket and I really smells something fishy. He do all the pressing and shows me the map to Kawasaki. Then I put on Y1000 note for a Y380 ticket and the balance was Y500, Y100 and 2 pieces of Y10. Faster than lightning, his hand grabbed the Y500 and said can I have this, I really need it. I said Hell NO!!! Y500 is RM15, even the zakat fitrah also worth less than that!~ "Damek!" Then he return the Y500 and took the Y100 and asked me "is this OK?", after think for a few nano-second I said, "OK!" He said "Good work!" and left me.

I went back to Kawasaki and had sushi for my dinner, before I went back to my hotel room.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AKU NAK CREPE GHEMOK DGN BAHAN BAHAN ITTEW!

Dah la hujan seharian kat sini aku bangun dgn penuh rasa kelaparan.

GODDENG YUH!

Eema.

Anonymous said...

Wei Johan... take care huh...!! (IBN)

johann said...

Eema : Crepe tu sedaaappp!!! Lagi2 waktu hujan.~
Ibn : Thanks bro. Take a good care of MPT. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...