Monday, October 29, 2007

Shinjuku -> Shibuya

Yesterday was Sunday (Nichi Yoobi)as per planned, I went out from Kawasaki after took abit of light breakfast. I took a train to Shinagawa then transit to Yamanote line. Yamanote line will make a circle around Tokyo city, so I thought it was a good idea to took an opposite direction (moving counter-clockwise to Tokyo and Akihabara direction). After a while inside the train I started to feel bored and started to realize it was just a dumb idea took an extra time turning around.


(This picture would be 10 times nicer if I just move 3 steps to the left and 1 step behind)
When I reached Shinjuku, I just like a man arrived in jupiter. I just don't know where to go. I know there's alot of interesting places around, but being an alien (Gaijin) without knowing Japanese language and without any tourist guide could be difficult for me. And the worst part is I was totally alone here! I guess I just walk around. First I find interesting building named Takashimaya Time Square. I just jump went in and found out it was the one like KLCC ground floor; you know, shops for all the riches (I'll come back when I become rich one day!), and it doesn't suit me well. I just leave the building and just walk around.

Tired of finding nothing interesting, I just walk to Shibuya. On the way there I found a garden, some of the signboards said it was the Museum of the Meiji bla bla bla... I just walk around enjoy the scene of autumn inside the garden. Some leaves did fall down, but it was more or less same like Hutan Ayer Keroh. When I arrived at the Museum, there's a sign with "CLOSED" written on it. How dissapointed!

Through the other exit, it was not far from JR-East Harajuku-eki, there were bunch of people wearing some kind of gothic dressing. It was very interesting to actually see a scene like this. Then I realized, it was the helloween. Some of them holding paper written "Free Hug", but since I think my iman is still here, I am not hugging anybody. (actually I don't have the courage to do so, in addition, some of them doesn't really look cute to hug to).

At another section, there're alot of people playing guitar like SS (syok sendiri) in every corner and 1 guy, sing along with the CD player he brought and teriak2 like hell especially when it reached the chorus. Penuh perasaan pulak tuh! He must be just break-off with his girl friend or something. It looks exactly like tanjung rambutan thou, but it seriously cool that you can do whatever you wish to without any disturbance from "pihak berkuasa".

Along the garden, there's a street jamming session. There were a few bands in a row complete with their own equipment, jamming like in a studio. They play in turn, while one band playing, the other setting up their sets. Just like a mini wood stock. It was really interesting even though listening to a band with old woman playing guitar while singing with an awful vocal, but they really played from their heart.



Here you can see a group of people dancing rock and roll like a break-dance. It was totally awesome, they dance in a group and taking turns among them. People walked by just watching and enjoy their moment there. Not just these people are crazy, there are few teams that gather in different location doing the same thing. And some of them looks very nice with skirt, but dance the rock n roll stuffs. Dude, there is no way you can do this in Malaysia.




Next destination was the Shibuya. In this visit, I prefer Shibuya more than Shinjuku (maybe I didn't found anything interesting in Shinjuku). Shibuya for me is more like a friendly city (owh.. I just don't know how to use proper words to describe this). But since I already tired when I reached here, I didn't went to far before I decided to return home. I guess next time I'll make another visit here, and I do some research on interesting places in Shinjuku. After all, it is better you know what you are doing rather than just do it because people said so.

I return home and do some shopping at near-by supermarket. I bought sushi and kaki fruit. That was my dinner for that night before I lay down my head on the bed.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...