Friday, November 23, 2007

Mosuku~

Is planning really can give a better result. I bet i is! Well unlike previous week end. I really go everywhere and kinda lost in the middle of the way, and hoping that I found something interesting along the way. The night before I went out for last week end, I did some research on the internet (lucky internet don't make perangai that day!)

What did I planned actually? Beside searching on interesting place, I bet you can guess by reading the above title; mosuku - it's a kana pronunciation of mosque. So, I am here for a month and never been to any mosque for pray. (what a shame I am..!) Ok! At least I did it last week! Why did I planned so? Well, this coming Friday is a holiday for Pioneer Kawasaki. I don't know what holiday it is (and don't even bother asking!) either it's a public holiday, company holiday or it is a deepavali holiday? (we don't have any holiday for last deepavali - so kira qada' la). So, since the holiday falls on Friday, then there is no reason for not going for a Jumaat prayer (Now I am bermukim in KWS, so I have to!)



There is a few of mosque around Tokyo I can found from the list in the net. And most of every site will show the Yoyogi-Uehara st mosque as their first enrty. Harajuku station is the nearest station to get to Yoyogi-Uehara street.

I went to Harajuku and explore some places that I haven't been during my first visit. First place was the Takeshita Street. Plenty of teenagers out there, went out with some friends and buying creep at dozens of crepe shops along the road.

As the picture above, you can see the red leaves are started to blooming. Enjoying this view is really an enjoyable moment. And it is not me alone who took the pictures, there are some of them enjoying the view as much as I did. Others may notice me like "what a jakun he is!", but who cares? It is my first time seeing this, so I have to act like a first timer! :)


[Keindahan dedaunan berguguran di taman memberikan perasaan kegembiraan berpanjangan]


Ok.. this is not orang gila baru terlepas dari tanjung rambutan. Even you can see some background people starring at him, but this guys just make it like they are not exist. People always wearing weired costumes here - in front of Harajuku station (as my previous post). So, if you are anime freak, like to dressing like you are one of the character, or you just love some complicated dressing and you are embarrassed to wear it anywhere on earth, here might be a heaven to you!

After spending a reasonable time sight-seeing the Harajuku town, it is time to find the mosque. I just walk away follow the sign board and of course my instinct, until there's a T-junction. With my reasonable Japanese speaking ability, I managed to communicate with the policeman (or maybe pak guard, i'm not sure) asking for some direction. [thanks to my sensei for teaching me Nihongo]



About 25~30 minutes walking, I finally made my way to the wonderful mosque. This mosque was organized by Turkey muslim (according to the site) and the oldest mosque in Tokyo. I just can't explain my feeling after entering the mosque. Imagine, almost a month not seeing a mosque, and this is the first time indeed I am visiting mosque in Japan. After done with the Asr prayer, I wait there for the Maghrib prayer. I meet some brothers from Pakistan and make pren with them while waiting for Maghrib. The Imam came in at 4.45pm for azan, hence lead the jemaah prayer.

Then I went off to Shibuya, before returning back to Kawasaki.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...