Tuesday, June 06, 2006

PRIMAX 3

Just now, while i came back from my friend's place, my car ran out of petrol. I went to petronas near my taman to feed my hungry car with some fresh orange juice and i saw an advertisment. It was the new petronas product PRIMAX 3. After i reached home and put of my butt infront of my PC, i opened up my firefox browser. There's a news about the launching of their new product of PRIMAX 3... Owhh... baru launching kaaa??? Today they gonna start on selling it at price RM1.92 per liter. Hurmm... Personally i prefer Shell fuel and i think it is true that "Lebih kilometer dengan Shell", the slogan they keep on spreading. I did feel the difference since i ride my bike last time. Hopefully Petronas also can make it with their new product as what they said on the advertisment.

Ermmm... and hey... this is a good one. I read it on the NST site.
Being greatly affected by the fuel price hike and stressed out by the traffic jams that are becoming a definitive mark of a world-class city like KL, I am planning to cycle to work - from Petaling Jaya to Ampang.

The idea is to use it in tandem with the LRT systems in the early parts of the morning and the later parts of the night, when the trains are generally free.

After consulting the LRT customer service officers, I was surprised to find out that bicycles are not allowed on the LRT, even if one were to carry it in as opposed to ride it in. Bicycles offer in return a cleaner, safer and healthier city. In many super cities like New York, Chicago, Boston and London, to name a few, the use of bicycles has been celebrated as way to reduce cost of travel and increase mobility within the city. Trains and subways in these cities do not forbid carrying of bicycles onto trains and subways, except during peak hours. Why has it been forbidden in KL? Our LRT systems only covers areas proximate to the 2 lines, both of which fail to pass near to high-density, populated areas. This problem can be easily solved by a quick bike ride from the nearest LRT to the said areas. Walking, except to close distances, is an act many Malaysians despise. The heat, the pollution and the terrain make it such a drag.

I like the point there. One of the biggest problem staying in KL is transportation. Government should do something to solve this problem. "Subsidi kurang, pembangunan lebih" where's the lebih part???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...